Campaign and Rally, handbill and pamphlet distribution among community
To ensure 100 % enrolment and retention of children in our operational areas schools we usually do Campaign for enrollment and retention. Distribution of hand bill and posters on provisions of RTE. We Organized campaign for enrollment and retention in 20 schools in this campaign around 500 community members and all children from 20 schools from different blocks have participated and supported in organizing the campaign. During the campaign on “Vidyalaya Chale, Chalaye Abhiyan 2015” we could able to enroll Total 417 and 46 dropout children from our operational areas.
Monitoring of Malnutrition of children through weight and MUAC Tape:
Regular monitoring and counseling of 80 children with malnutrition every month (Special focus)
Malnutrition checks up of 2054 children from the operational areas
- Regular check up of malnutrition with fix time interval
- Monitoring growth chart of their growth status.
- Linking them with ICDS,
Arohan Shiksha Scholarship Program:
Educating the girl child has given less priority in the patriarchal society. Due to various socio-cultural restriction girls are unable to complete their education. The dropout rates among the girls go up with higher classes. The dropout rates became worse among the girls having poor socio-economic background due to engagement in daily households work and financial constraints. Lack of availability, affordability and accessibility of quality education restricts their talents and opportunities to perform better in their study.
The 100 beneficiaries were selected on the basis of poor socio-economic background to pursue their education. List of the beneficiaries was prioritized on the basis of
- Economical condition of the family
- Death of bread earner in the family
- Chances of early marriage and drop out from the college because of lack of funds.
Up gradation of Library at BDJJ Inter College:
The condition of library at BDJJ Inter College was poor state. It lacked basic requisites of library like ambience was in poor state, there was dearth of good reference books in the library, libray was not properly lit and sitting arrangements for the students was also makeshift condition. Therefore resources and efforts were required to set up proper library at the college.
Construction of Common Toilet at Middle School Hesagarha, Ramgarh:
With the support from Oil and Natural gas Corporation Ltd. Swaraj Foundation has built common toilet in Upper Middle School in Hesagarha in Mandu Block of Ramgarh District. The toilet will enable the children of the school to be healthy and stop them from going to fields for their nature call.
The toilet has been constructed with all modern fittings like jet spray, wash basins with equipped lightening and ventilation.
Construction sports ground at Middel School Bongahara, Mandu
With the support from Oil and natural Gas Corporation limited, Swaraj Foundation has constructed a sports ground at Middle School in Bongahara in Mandu Block of Ramgarh district.
There was no outdoor playing area for the children of the school, therefore it was decided to develop one playing are by cutting the rocks and leveling of the ground in the posterior side of the school campus.
To reduce infant mortality and child mortality in the age group of 0 to 5 years, following activities has been done.
- 292 pregnant women were identified and linked with ICDS services with the help of AMMA, Kishori Vahini and Sahiya.
- Conducted meeting with 258 pregnant to sensitize them to go for regular health check up by ANM at ICDS centre and facilitated them for proper diet and new born care.
- 93 safe deliveries conducted by the trained Dai or SBA.
- 80 women received the benefit of Janani Surakshha Yojana.
- 71 children received birth certificate, 27 applications were applied.
- 10 children referred to MTC (Malnutrition treatment centre)
- 42 ICDS is using the growth chart in regular basis and taking the children growth with the support of Kishori Vahini, AMMA and Sahiya.
Participation: Every children in the age group 6-18 be provided equal opportunity to participate.
- Published Hamin Ke Bat 2000 copies and 1920 copies distributed among children in schools.
- Conducted 23 BAL Sansad meeting with 298 children to ensure their participation and encourage them to play a important role of decision making in the meeting of SMC.
- 3 Bal akhara meeting conducted among 135 children.
Reducing marriage of children before attaining the age of adult ( 18 for girls and 21 for boys) and Reducing the numbers of child labour and barring involvement of children in livelihood generation
- 42 Kishori Vahini meeting conducted to sensitize them to avoid the marriage before the age of 18 years. 397 Kishori participated in the meeting.
- Conducted 49 Meeting with 367 members of AMMA on the issue of early child marriage.
- 65 villages where no incidence of child labour has been found.
- 71 villages where no incidence of child marriage has been identified
- 28 villages where no incidence of child labour has been found, 12 are enrolled to formal school.
Awareness under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Swaraj Foundation has brought different people from different walks of together to promote awareness amongst the children of different school towards the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Swaraj Foundation has undertaken the program in different schools and colleges of Hazaribag and Ramgarh district.
Awareness was conducted through Nukkad Natak, Distribution of soaps and role plays by the students. We have made more than 100 students aware about the benefits of hygiene.
The Global Greengrants Funds has provided fund to Swaraj Foundation to be used for the protection of forest in the areas of Hazaribag. The provided fund has been utilized in the total of 47 villages and tolas of 3 panchayats named Ango, Potanga and Garsula of Barkagaon Block of Hazaribagh district situated at nearly 28 kms from Hazaribagh town. These areas are deprived from the development are remotely located. The area is in the lap of hills and forests. Schedule Cast (SC) and Schedule Tribe (ST) community form the major portion of the inhabited population. Coal mines are predominant in these areas, where the presence of Central Coal fields Limited has been since 1990. The income generation mode of people are from selling of coal to nearby town, working in road construction work, working as daily wage labor, seasonal farming and selling of forest product. Because of the presence of coal mines and its continuous operation, the air of these areas has become polluted. There is huge amount of coal dust present in the air which leads to several respiratory and other health issues to the people of this area.
To address the depleting condition of the forest and to spread the awareness of quality of air, individual’s health and other health related issues amongst the people of these areas, Swaraj Foundation implemented several interventions to protect the environment with the help of GGF