About Swaraj Foundation
Five members who were highly sensitive to the causes of disparity, exploitation and poverty, deserted their comfortable lifestyle and turned towards exploring ways to establish a “just” society in which no one remains hungry, unemployed, discriminated and exploited. With that revelation, they established Swaraj foundation in year 1997, and got registered under Indian Trust Act at Hazaribagh, Jharkhand. This organization is headed by Mr. Arun Anand, a social activist who has been working on Child Rights, Education and Health. Swaraj Foundation has also worked for social and economical upliftment of oppressed people of the community.
“Equity and equity based socially transformed self reliant society.”
Mission is to achieve Self-reliance, Social justice and gender justice by empowering rural poor people for their social transformation and to strive for mainstreaming them by providing and equipping with basic facilities and resources. People in Swaraj Foundation are committed and competent to creatively initiate and persevere on their tasks to uphold human dignity to strive for an equitable social structure.
Objective of Organization
- To work for child right, protection, health and education.
- To serve the exploited people of the society and to strive for self-reliance of community based organizations and strengthen capacity of people as well as their communities in identifying and solving their own
- To initiate sustainable income security, education and health programmes mainly for adolescent girls through their group strengthening for achieving gender justice and
- To aware the community about natural forestry and environmental and climate
- To aware the community about arresting migration, meaningful exposure to rural realities and sensitization towards challenges of migrant
- To initiate, organize and strengthen children, adolescent and women’s group in the operational area to ensure their rights and
- To mobilize youth and men folk for promotion of societal self-reliance.
- To organize workshops, symposiums, meetings, debates & discussions, trainings, orientations, exposure tours, seasonal festivals, awareness meets, study exhibitions, shows, cultural programmes, interpersonal meets etc. to broaden the view and outlook and knowledge base of people and undertake advocacy and lobbying on wider
- To strengthen efforts for restoration and regeneration of ecology and environment, facilitating initiatives for promoting sustainable use and optimal return from natural resources and indigenous system of
- To collaborate and cooperate with government and other like-minded development agencies to bring transformation in the deprived
Children and Education Based Interventions
- Currently working on awareness and sensitization of community towards Anganwadi program in Chatra and Gaya district.
- Provided sports facility to the students of government school in Ramgarh.
- Provided library facility to poor adolescent girls of Hazaribag.
- Provided scholarships to more than 200 girls of backward socio-economic strata of society.
- Enrollment of uneducated children in schools and Aganwadi.
- Formed several groups of children like Bal Samiti, Bal Vahini and Akhara to propagate the information of their rights.
- Conducted bridge courses for the drop out children and re-enrolled them in schools.
- Rescued children working in coal mines of Barkagaon and enrolled them in school.
- Conducted seminar and sensitization program for the children working in coal mines.
- The Trust has successfully implemented the education and child rights based project supported by Child Right and You (CRY) in 78 villages four blocks of Hazaribag.
- Distinguished member of CREJ society.
- Organised several workshop on “RTE”.
- Organised capacity building training program for AWW and Sahiya regarding community based malnutrition management and growth monitoring.
- Oragnised several rallies to aware the community on “School chale Abhiyan” and also participated in social audit at school level.